Saturday, March 5, 2011

Once upon a time

As some me therapy a friend of mine told me that i should start a blog, so here it goes..
This was to be the beginning of a fairy tale.i had met my prince charming while I was living in Milan, Italy..no he's not Italian I had given up on them...Lets just say by being an english teacher after a while I knew way too much. At that point I had just given up on finding my prince charming, but by chance we met through a friend and began our journey together. Now I am a mother of 2 beautiful loving girls and have a happy, for the most part, common law relationship with my hubby. We live a 'normal' life love to play, sing, cook, shop and travel. Now comes the evil monster...my daughters food allergies and asthma. Not just one or two but an extremely long list...eggs, chicken, dairy, cow, peanuts, beans, lentils, tree nuts, fish, seafood, shellfish, wheat/gluten, kiwi, mushrooms, ketchup, some animals and pollen. I'm sure I've left something out but I will remember later on.
Just for the sake of names let's call my 6 year old J and my 4year old G. They are happy beautiful girls, normal weight and hight and no one would suspect that they have any health problems. Before meeting my children teachers, or any one else expect sickly, pale looking children but once they meet them they are totally surprised.
Yes J was very sick for the first 2 years. Her skin was awful with bump, eczema, open sores and bleeding. She always has ear infections and then came pneumonia. Once we had G, she started throwing up,having diarrhea, being extremely sick.
Yes my children still do get sick, but what kid at their age doesn't. I'm just happy not to be living in hospitals and doctors offices this year.
I am not preacher about the evils out there for allergy suffers and poor us, and if you eat nuts you are evil. I do have many stories that may help people and let them know that they are not alone and also ways to get people to understand what we are going through without being rude and overbearing because I know there are many people who are and even I can't stand it.
All I can share is what I have learnt, through much trial and error.
Cheers to happy times and the battles we all have to conquer

No comments:

Post a Comment